Sunday, September 20, 2009

September 21, 2009

What elements of the design process does this article illustrate?

I believe that "The Perfect Thing" touched on several different aspects of the design process. For example; in order to create a better products you need to go through a process of elimination to conclude which characteristics work, and which don't. Choosing the materials to make the product is also a necessity. The materials effect the cost and the appearance, as well as numerous other characteristics. In this particular article, the author seems to focus on the people who were involved in evolving the iPod. Therefore, one would also need to find a team of people who are qualified and can work cooperatively.


What factors would you use to evaluate a "perfect thing"?

Personally I would consider the materials my product would be made out of. I would also think about the purpose of my "perfect thing". For example the population of people who would use it, and the environment where they would be using it. Another aspect i think is crucial would be the economical factors and how it would be produced.

Whether you own an iPod or not, you probably have some opinions of this product. What do you fee are its strengths and weaknesses?

Personally I own two iPods, I have a first generation iPod video 60 GB, and a second generation iPod Touch 16 GB. When I purchased my first iPod I was really excited to have the video capability, after a while I learned the the bulk of the product was something that I viewed as a flaw. The memory was great too especially because the capacity for videos was something I thought I needed but, unfortunately I didn't. As for my iPod touch, it's got to be love. The sleek design with a touch screen is practically flawless. The size seems perfect to fit in one hand and for all the applications. The characteristic I find the most useful are the applications. As the advertisements say there really is an app for everything. The only thing I think would make the iTouch better is a video and sound recorder (but that's is what the iPhone is for right?). Apple has truly mastered the production, marketing, and quality of their products.

No comments:

Post a Comment